Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Present... Past... Future...

Present... today my son, Ari, turns 40 weeks old (those who aren't good with math that's just a bit over nine months)! He is nearly 21 pounds, 27 inches long and super active little guy. Ari is crawling around and getting into EVERYTHING, as I type this he is headed for my sewing machine *PAUSE*. :P


Past... Rewinding 40 weeks to Ari's birth. For reasons unknown to us Ari was born at just 32 weeks 0 days gestation (for those that don't know much about pregnancy that's 8 weeks early). At this point babies are not fully developed and can develop complications that can last a lifetime. However Ari was healthy and his tiny 4 pound 12 ounce body was (and still is) very strong! :) He spent the first 23 days of his life in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Missouri Baptist Hospital.
Future... Ari is going to be a BIG BROTHER! I am now 10 weeks pregnant with Ari's little brother or sister( again those bad at math, that means the baby is due 30 weeks from now, so January 31st) . When I tell people that I'm expecting I'm often asked, "Is this baby going to come early to?". Unfortunately we have no clue, it is a wait and see sort of thing since we don't really know why Ari was born prematurely.  With a new OB (for those still clueless about pregnancy that's a 'lady' doctor that helps monitor your pregnancy), additional testing, and possibly shots of progesterone once a week from about 16 weeks until the end of the pregnancy, we are hoping to make it to term. In this blog I plan to write everything about my pregnancy to see if there are any signs or symptoms that may indicate Baby Bee wanting to come out before the end of January. (That and some updates and pictures of Mister Ari.)


So here it is... our fingers are crossed for a healthy baby and 30 more weeks of pregnancy...

1 comment:

  1. crystal I love this blog! How wonderful tohave a record of this pregnancy and of course the updates and pics of Ari always make my day!
    XO, kelly

    ReplyDelete